CAS 120-78-5, 2,2′-Dithiobis(benzothiazole), accelerator MBTS (DM)
2,2′-Dithiobis(benzothiazole) is also called MBTS or DM, which is thiazole vulcanization accelerator. 2,2′-Dithiobis(benzothiazole), CAS 120-78-5, can be used as universal accelerator for natural rubber, synthetic rubber and reclaimed rubber. The chemical product is less toxic, but it can stimulate mucous membranes and skin. If you want to purchase accelerator DM (CAS 120-78-5), please contact us now.
Properties and stability of accelerator DM (CAS 120-78-5)
- Precipitation light yellow needle crystals from benzene. Insoluble in water, acetic ether, gasoline and lye.
- At 25℃, the solubility of accelerator DM in the following substances (g/100ml): ethanol<0.2, acetone<0.5, benzene<0.5, carbon tetrachloride <0.2, diethyl [ethyl] ether<0.2.
- Slightly soluble in benzene, toluene, carbon tetrachloride, methylene chloride, acetone, ethanol, ether, etc. at room temperature.
- The toxicity is very small. Burning in case of fire. Explosion hazard when dust occurs. More accelerator DM (CAS 120-78-5) details.
How to store accelerator DM (CAS 120-78-5)?
Accelerator DM (CAS 120-78-5) should be far away from the high heat source. The storage stability period of granular or powdery products is more than two years and stored according to toxic substances. Pay attention to damp proof.
What is the synthetic method of DM (CAS 120-78-5)?
2-Mercaptobenzothiazole(accelerator M, CAS 149-30-4) and sodium nitrite are added into gas bubble column, dripping 10% sulfuric acid solution into it, and bubbling air. The reaction temperature is controlled at about 60℃. After the dripping of sulfuric acid, keep bubbling air, the temperature remains 60℃, until the reaction is complete. Generated accelerator DM is insoluble in water, and presents solid particle in the feed solution. After filtration, washing, centrifugal dewatering, drying, crushing, screening and packaging, the finished product is obtained.
The uses of accelerator DM (CAS 120-78-5)
- Thiazole vulcanization accelerator. Accelerator DM (CAS 120-78-5) can be used in natural rubber, synthetic rubber and reclaimed rubber, the application is similar to accelerator M, but the critical temperature of sulfidation is higher(130℃).
- Accelerator DM (CAS 120-78-5) is one of the commonly used vulcanization accelerators, widely used in tyre, inner tube, hose, rubber belt, rubber shoes, rubber pad, waterproof cloth, color rubber silk products, rubber hose, wire, cable, rubber and other rubber products and general industrial products for non food applications.
- High purity DM (pharmaceutical grade) is an important pharmaceutical intermediate for the manufacture of cephalosporin anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Accelerator DM (CAS 120-78-5) is used as the active agent of unsaturated type polyurethane rubber sulfur vulcanization.
Emergency treatment and disposal methods
Emergency treatment of leakage
Cutting off fire source. Wearing self-contained breathing apparatus and general extinguishing and protection protective clothing. Plugging in case of safety. Spraying water can reduce evaporation. Mixed absorption by using sand or other non combustible absorbent. And then transported to an open space to bury, evaporate, or burn. If there is a large number of leaks, accepted by the dike, and then collected, transferred, recycled or treated harmlessly to discard.
Respiratory system protection: gas masks should be worn when the concentration of air is high. When emergency rescue or evacuation, it is recommended to wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
Eye protection: wear chemical safety goggles.
Body protection: wear anti-static work clothes.
Hand protection: wear protective gloves.
Other: no smoking on the job site. Avoiding long-term repeated contact.
First aid measures
Skin contact: removing contaminated clothing, rinsing thoroughly with soap water and water.
Eye contact: immediately opening the upper and lower eyelids, rinsing with flowing water for 15 minutes. Medical treatment.
Inhalation: from the scene to the fresh air. Oxygen input when breathing difficulty. When breathing stopped, immediately performing artificial respiration. Medical treatment.
Ingestion: oral intake of water gargle, drink plenty of warm water, vomit, immediately seek medical treatment.