MBT(M) | CAS 149-30-4
- CAS No.: 149-30-4
- EINECS No.: 205-736-8
- Molecular Formula: C7H5NS2
- Short Name: M
- Chemical Name: 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole
- Synonyms: 1,3-Benzothiazole-2(3H)-thione; MBT; 2-MBT; ROTAX; AG 63; Rokon; CAPTAX; accelm; Kaptax; Mertax; Accel M
- Molecular Weight: 167.26
|Appearance||Light yellow powder(granule)|
|Initial M.P. ℃ ≥||171.0||171.0||171.0|
|Loss on drying % ≤||0.30||0.50||0.30|
|Ash % ≤||0.30||0.30||0.30|
|Residue on 150μm sieve % ≤||0.10||0.10||\|
|Residue on 63μm sieve % ≤||0.50||0.50||\|
|Granule Diameter mm||\||\||1.0-3.0|
Properties: Pale yellow powder with slight smelly and bitter taste. 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole(CAS 149-30-4) is soluble in basic solutions such as propyl alcohol, ethanol, chloroform, ammonia, sodium hydroxide and sodium carbonate, and also slightly soluble in benzene, but insoluble in water and oil.
Application: 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole(CAS 149-30-4) can be used in a various of fields.
- 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole(CAS 149-30-4) mainly used as rubber accelerator (accelerant M).
- It is also used as a pesticide fungicide, which be called nuodex or M agent.
- The chemical can be used for corrosion inhibitors.
- Its high purity product can be used as metal special reagents.
- 149-30-4 can be used in epoxy resin modification.
- CAS 149-30-4 can be used as initiator for styrene polymerization.
- 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole can be used as a lubricant and adsorbent.
- 2-Mercaptobenzothiazole(CAS 149-30-4) also has special uses for electrochemistry.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.