UV Absorber BP-2 | CAS 131-55-5
- CAS No.: 131-55-5
- EINECS No.: 205-028-9
- Molecular Formula: C13H10O5
Information of UV Absorber BP-2 (CAS 131-55-5)
UV Absorber Benzophenone 2 (BP-2) is dissolved in methanol and ethanol, capable of absorbing the UV radiation of 320-400nm wavelength with the characteristics of light color, nontoxic, good compatibility. Stability of light, heat chemical is better then BP-3(UV-9). It is widely applied to PP, PE, PC, PVC, solar films, stickers, high-end cosmetics, the new high-grade paint and as well as textiles.
- Product Name: UV Absorber BP-2
- Chemical Name: 2,2′,4,4′-Tetrahydroxybenzophenone
- Molecular Weight: 246.22 g/mol
- Synonyms: Bis(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)methanone; Benzophenone-2; Methanone, bis(2,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-; Uvinol D-50
- Category: Benzophenone UV Absorber
- Storage Condition: Preserve in a well-closed container at low temperature, keep away from moisture, heat and light.
- Package: 25kg fibre drum or 10g, 100g, 500g, 1kg/bag, or as customers’ request.
Specifications of UV Absorber BP-2 (CAS 131-55-5)
|Appearance||Yellow to brown crystalline powder|
|Solubility||Transparent without insoluble substance|
|Loss on drying||≤0.5%|
|Heavy metals||≤5 ppm|
Applications of UV Absorber BP-2 (CAS 131-55-5)
- UV Absorber Benzophenone 2 is usually called BP-2, it has wide absorption range, it is suitable for use as a UV-A filter for product protection, particularly for protecting colorants against fading.
- It is also frequently used to improve the stability of perfumes to oxidation.
- UV Absorber BP-2 is widely used in pharmaceutical intermediates, photographic materials, cosmetic UV protection additives, etc.
- UV Absorber Benzophenone 2 is Class I sunscreen approved by the FDA.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.