UV Absorber BP-4 | CAS 4065-45-6
- CAS No.: 4065-45-6
- EINECS No.: 223-772-2
- Molecular Formula: C14H12O6S
Product Information of UV Absorber BP-4 (CAS 4065-45-6)
Sulisobenzone (benzophenone-4) is an ingredient in some sunscreens which protects the skin from damage by UVB and short-wave UVA ultraviolet light. Its sodium salt, sulisobenzone sodium, is also referred to as benzophenone-5.
- Product Name: BP-4
- Synonyms: 2-Hydroxy-4-Methoxybenzophenone-5-Sulfonic Acid; benzophenone-4; 2-Hydroxy-4-methoxybenzophenone-5-sulfonic Acid Hydrate; Sulisobenzone Hydrate; Sulisobenzone; 5-Benzoyl-4-hydroxy-2-methoxybenzenesulfonic acid
- Molecular Weight: 308.306 g/mol
- Storage Condition: Preserve under tight and light-resistant condition
- Package: 25kg fiber drum or cartons
- Category: Benzophenone
Product specifications of BP-4 (CAS 4065-45-6)
|Appearance||Off white powder|
|Specific Extinction (1%，1cm)||E285nm≥460; E325nm≥290|
|Loss on Drying||≤2.0%|
|Heavy Metals||≤20 ppm|
Applications of BP-4 (CAS 4065-45-6)
- BP-4 s a broad absorption UV absorber that is effective in the 280 – 360 nm range.
- BP-4 is soluble water, the acid group need to be o be neutralized with one of the usual neutralizing agents, eg. triethanolamine and NaOH.
- BP-4 is approved for skin care, it is widely used in sun preparations.
- BP-4 can also be used in water borne coatings, water dyes and detergent to improve the weather ability.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.