UV Absorber BP-3 | CAS 131-57-7
- CAS No.: 131-57-7
- EINECS No.: 205-031-5
- Molecular Formula: C14H12O3
Product Information of UV Absorber BP-3 (CAS 131-57-7)
2-Hydroxy-4-methoxy benzophenone (BP-3 or UV-9) is an UV Absorber which efficient in radiation absorption of 290-400 nm except visible light, particularly to light-colored transparent products with high stabilization against light and heat and indecomposable below 200°C; applicable to paint and various plastic products, particular effective to polyvinyl chloride, polystyrene, polyurethane, acrylic resin, light-colored transparent furniture, as well as to cosmetics, with the incorporation of 0.1% to 0.5% (based on polymer weight) required.
- Product Name: UV Absorber BP-3
- Synonyms: 2-Hydroxy-4-methoxy benzophenone; UV-9; Benzophenone-3; Oxybenzone; Methanone, (2-hydroxy-4-methoxyphenyl)phenyl-
- Molecular Weight: 228.243 g/mol
- Storage Condition: Preserve under tight and light-resistant condition
- Package: 25kg fiber drum or cartons
- Category: Benzophenone
Specifications of BP-3 (CAS 131-57-7)
|Appearance||light yellow crystalline powder|
|Specific Extinction(1%, 1cm)||E285nm≥630; E325nm≥400|
|Loss on Drying||≤2.0%|
|Heavy Metals||≤5 ppm|
Applications of BP-3 (CAS 131-57-7)
- BP-3(UP-9) is soluble in common organic solvents and readily compatible with many polymer.
- BP-3(UP-9) is approved for skin care, it is widely used in sun preparations.
- It is widely used as day creams to prevent premature ageing of the skin and to protect the lips.
- BP-3 (UP-9) can also be used in coatings and polyolefin to improve the weather ability.
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.