L-Arginine | CAS 74-79-3
- CAS No.: 74-79-3
- EINECS No.: 200-811-1
- Molecular Formula: C6H14N4O2
Product Information of L-arginine (CAS 74-79-3)
L-Arginine is a chemical substance, the molecular formula is C6H14N4O2. After recrystallization, it loses crystal water at 105 °C, and its water solubility is strongly alkaline, which can absorb carbon dioxide from the air. Soluble in water (15%, 21 °C ), insoluble in ether, slightly soluble in ethanol.
L-Arginine is a non-essential amino acid for adults, but the rate of formation in the body is slow, and L-Arginine is an essential amino acid for infants and young children, it has a certain detoxification effect. L-Arginine (CAS 74-79-3) exists in fish sperm protein, and is also a basic component of all kinds of proteins. So the existence of L-Arginine is very extensive.
We are high quality L-Arginine (CAS 74-79-3) manufacturer and supplier. If you are interested in buying this chemical product, please contact us.
- Chemical Name: L-arginine
- Synonyms: L(+)-ARGININE; (S)-(+)-Arginine; (s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic acid; L-ARGININE BASE; L-ARG; L-2-AMINO-5-GUANIDINOVALERIC ACID; ARG; ARGININE, L-; FEMA 3819
- Molecular Weight: 174.20 g/mol
- Reference Standard: USP 32, AJI92/97/90, CP-2010, FCCV, EP5
- Appearance and Physical State: White crystals or crystalline powder, odorless, bitter taste.
- Related Categories: Amino acids and its derivatives; pharmacetical; chiral; Arginine [Arg, R]; Amino Acids; Resolution of Acids; Optical Resolution; alpha-Amino Acids; Biochemistry; Synthetic Organic Chemistry; L-Amino Acids; Food additives; nutritional additives; biochemical reagents
- Usage: Biochemical research, nutrition supplements, pharmaceutical raw material, food additive.
- Condition of Storage: Store at 0-5 °C
L-Arginine Uses and Applications
- L-Arginine can be used for biochemical research, various types of hepatic coma and viral hepatic glutamic-pyruvic transaminase abnormalities.
- L-Arginine is used as a pharmaceutical raw material and a food additive.
- Nutritional supplements and flavoring agents. A special flavor substance can be obtained by heating with sugar (amino carbonyl reaction). It is a food spice that is allowed to use. L-Arginine is an important component of amino acid infusion and comprehensive amino acid preparation.
- Arginine is an essential amino acid for the growth and development of infants. It is an intermediate metabolite of ornithine cycle, which can promote ammonia conversion to urea, thereby reducing blood ammonia content. It is also a major component of sperm protein, which promotes spermatogenesis and provides energy for sperm motility. In addition, intravenous injection of arginine can stimulate the release of growth hormone from pituitary gland and can be used for pituitary function test.
Physical and Chemical Properties of L-Arginine powder
|Melting Point||222 °C (dec.)(lit.)|
|Specific Rotation[α]||27.1 ° (c=8, 6N HCl)|
|Refractive Index||27 ° (C=8, 6 mol/l HCl)|
|Solubility||H2O: 100 mg/ml|
|Water Solubility||148.7 g/L (20 °C)|
|Stability||Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.|
For more chemical products, you may contact us by sending email.