Optical Brightening Agent BBU | CAS 16470-24-9
- CAS No.: 16470-24-9
- EINECS No.: 240-521-2
- Molecular Formula: C40H40N12Na4O16S4
Product Information of Optical Brightening Agent BBU
- Product Name: Optical Brightening Agent BBU
- Molecular Mass: 1165.03 g/mol
- Synonyms: Tetrasodium 4,4′-bis[[4-[bis(2-hydroxyethyl)amino]-6-(4-sulphonatoanilino)-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl]amino]stilbene-2,2′-disulphonate]; Fluorescent brightener BBU; Fluorescent brightener 220
Specifications of optical brightening agent BBU
|Appearance||Yellow uniform powder|
|Water content||≤ 0.50%|
|Ash content||≤ 0.10%|
Properties of optical brightening agent BBU
- Anionic type brightener, fluorescent brightener 220 can be used along with anionic or nonionic surfactant in one bath.
- Good water solubility, It can be dissolved in water. The solution can keep stable without adding other additives.
- Good resistance to hard water, the ions of Ca2+ and Mg2+ nearly no influence on its whitening performance, but it is unendurable to the heavy metal ion such copper, iron, etc.
- General acid-resistance and the optimal applied situation is PH value＞7 .
- Good resistance to peroxide bleach agent and containing reductive bleaching agent(sodium hydrosulfite).
Applications of optical brightening agent BBU
Mainly be used in whitening of cotton fabric, polyamide fabrics and pulp. And also used to increase brightness of light-colored fabrics.